RINK@PUNGGOL EAST WAIVER & DATA PROTECTION
Thank you for visiting Rink@Punggol East™! Please take the time to read this waiver and release. We want our visitors to safely enjoy our facility and we use this waiver to help achieve that purpose.
This waiver needs to be read and understood and the information communicated on behalf of all youth, adults, friends and minors participating in activities on the premise.
Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd with its subsidiaries and affiliates including but not limited to Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd (“Rink@Punggol East”) makes available sporting activities and facilities to you and minors in your charge subject to the terms set out below. By entering the private property of Rink@Punggol East and participating in the Rink@Punggol East™ activities by Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd, you are agreeing to the following:
I understand that while Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd strives to provide a safe and pleasant environment and experience for visitors and participants, participating in sporting activities involves certain inherent risks. Inherent risks are dangers or conditions that are an integral part of an immersive activity including but not limited to: (1) natural hazards and conditions of space, land, and waters including surface and subsurface conditions; (2) ordinary dangers of structures or equipment ordinarily used in such operations.
I understand that the facility will not permit or accept my visit if they are required to assume any responsibility over my safety and health. I knowingly and freely assume any risks including any that are not known, even if arising from the negligence of the facility, their staff or any others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
I have carefully considered the risk involved and have given consent for myself and/or my child to participate in these activities. I understand that participation in these activities is entirely voluntary and requires participants to abide by Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd’s rules and standards of conduct.
While utilising the facilities and participating in the activities in Rink@Punggol East™, I agree for myself and/or my child to stay within areas that are marked for visitor use; refrain from sitting on or using equipment in any way; not to enter doors or open gates; stay off fences, gates, ladders, unless supervised and directed by Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd staff; and to exercise reasonable caution and care.
I understand and agree that I and/or my child and/or my spouse and friends are visiting the premise voluntarily and at our own risk. I, for myself and for my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, agree to release, hold harmless and to indemnify Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd and all employees, volunteers, related parties or other organisations associated with Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd from any and all claims or liability arising out of my and/or my child’s and spouse’s participation in the activities.
PROPER HEALTH AND CONDITION
You understand and agree that the use of Facilities and Activities at Rink@Punggol East™ or Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd requires the user to be in a good physical condition and free from medical conditions that may prevent or affect the safe and reasonable use of the Facilities and Activities (“Proper Health and Condition”).
The Facilities and Activities shall not be utilised by anyone not in Proper Health and Condition. Rink@Punggol East staff shall be notified in the event that there is reasonable belief that anyone at or arriving at the premise may not be in Proper Health and Condition.
Please seek medical advice if you are unsure if you are in Proper Health and Condition for the use of the Facilities and Activities at The premise. Notwithstanding the generality of the above, pregnant women, customers with certain pre-existing health issues or persons in casts may be permitted to enter the premise but are not permitted to use the Facilities and Activities.
You agree to pay the cost of and authorise Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd to take all steps it considers reasonably necessary to protect your welfare and the welfare of minors in your company in the event of personal injury, including the administration of any emergency medical treatment and ambulance transportation.
DUTY TO CARE AND SUPERVISE
The use of Facilities and Activities come with attendant Risks and anyone who uses the Facilities and Activities (including minors) should be in Proper Health and Condition and only make Proper Use of the Facilities and Activities. Furthermore, your actions, and the actions of minors at the premise can cause damage and injury to others at the premise.
Minors remain under the care and supervision of their parent or legal guardian, or a duly authorised agent of the parent or legal guardian while using the Facilities and Activities in the premise.
You may be accompanied by minors at the premise. You represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of the minors in your company or duly authorised by the parent or legal guardian and assume the duty and obligations of the parent or legal guardian over the minors in your company.
Minors may be allowed to enter the premise without adult supervision if their parent or legal guardian gives written consent. Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd does not assume responsibility for the care and supervision of unaccompanied minors in the premise, who shall remain the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
Notwithstanding the generality of the above, any child 16 years and below must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult aged 21 or above at all times.
MEDIA RELEASE AGREEMENT:
I grant permission to Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd and its agents and assigns to take photographs, audio, or videos of myself and/or my child for promotional or publicity purposes (for example, brochures, web pages, newspapers, magazines, marketing, or television news). I give unrestricted permission for images, videos, and recordings of myself and/or my child to be used in print, video, digital and internet media. I agree that these images and/or voice recordings may be used for a variety of promotional purposes and that these images may be used without further notifying me. I further acknowledge that I will not be compensated for these uses and Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd owns all rights to the images, videos, and recordings, and to any derivative works created from them. I waive any right to inspect the uses of any printed or electronic copy. I also understand that I may receive event or sales information via email. I understand that I may opt-out at any time.
Please Note: Because our premise is a private property, we ask that you restrict your photos to public areas. We do not allow pictures of restricted/non-public areas, nor our private areas for security reasons. Photos may be taken in designated areas or with permission by premise staff.
MEDICAL RELEASE AGREEMENT:
There is no health insurance or medical coverage provided. Acceptance of these policies acknowledges that the visitor accepts responsibility for payment of any medical treatment which may be required while they are visiting the premise or that results from a visit.
__ I have read, understand, and agree to the Participant Waiver
__ I have read, understand, and agree to the Media Release
__ I have read, understand, and agree to the Medical Release
By agreeing to this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property damaged during participation in these activities, I and/or my child and/or my spouse may be found by a court of law to have waived any right to maintain a lawsuit against Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd on the basis of any claim which has been released herein.
Admittance to Rink@Punggol East constitutes 100% agreement to the aforementioned agreement. If you can not or will not agree to these terms, we respectfully ask you to dismiss yourself from visiting Rink@Punggol East™ by Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read it and understood it, and agree to be bound to its terms.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Rink@Punggol East Pte Ltd, its associated persons/organisations (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as nric, fin, work permit and birth certificate, email address, telephone number and date of birth.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- purposes of conducting consumer, marketing related or other similar research and analysis and to provide marketing and promotional information relating to existing or future products and/or services
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Shelly Koh Contact No. : 90476260 Email Address : email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 05/04/2023 Last updated : 05/04/2023